- Place the two cups about 14 inches apart
- Take your toothpicks and attach a mini marshmallow on both ends
- Roll out a little more than 14 inches of scotch tape and evenly space out the toothpicks onto it.
- Connect the cups with the tape. The sticky side should be facing up and both ends should be attached to a cup. If the tape doesn’t feel strong enough to hold up the toothpicks, put another strip of tape over the top of the toothpicks.
- Tip the toothpick on one end of the tape over and watch the movement of your wave machine.
- Now take the marshmallows off the ends of a little more than half of the toothpicks.
- Repeat step 5
- Observe the difference in speed between the half with marshmallows and the half without.