- Fill your square pan with water
- Poke the water in two separate places and observe how the ripples interact with each other.
- Do they make bigger ripples? Do they make smaller ripples? Or do they just pass each other? Write down your observations in your lab notebook.
- Once the water has become still, place the two wooden slabs at opposing ends of your pan. There should be a small space between your two slabs.
- Poke the water.
- What happens when the ripples go through the space in between your slabs? Write down your observations in your lab notebook.